Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sundance - Must keep typing to stay awake

Two more movie impressions from this week.

Indie Game

It may come as a shock to hear that I am not much of a video gamer. Nevertheless I terribly enjoyed the documentary I just saw which profiled a handful of different indie video game designers - teams of one or two people who do their own video games from concept to execution. On a morning where I am so exhausted I was falling asleep while standing up looking for tickets, I could have so easily passed out in an even moderately-paced documentary. But I didn't get even the slightest bit drowsy. What drama, what intrigue, what artistry and humanity in these talented guys!

Save the Date

Los Angeles relationship dramas with a young beautiful cast can grate after a while and are no less than a dime a dozen 'round these parts, but this one stood out ahead of the pack to me. I thought it was clever and created a nice little world of an artist who doesn't quite know what she wants from two important men in her life, and can't rely as much as she should on her sister who is preoccupied with marriage planning. Mark Webber was my favorite part. This was a sweet and satisfying little movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment