Friday, January 13, 2012

2012 Movie Goals

I'm not too big on new year's resolutions.  Quit smoking? Immediately, if I'd ever started.  Drink less? Um no - have we met? Go to the gym? Yeah, yeah, eventually.  But setting up a few movie-related goals... now this, I can get behind.

FIRST GOAL:

See 150 films at festivals.  Loosely:

  • 50 Sundance <--saw 55
  • 35 sxsw <--saw 35
  • 15 Full Frame <-- SHIT - I only saw 14. Well... close enough.
  • 45 TIFF  <--saw 48
  • 5 Miscellaneous (AFI? Tribeca? NYFF) 17 at Tribeca,  11 at SIFF, yeah. Done.

SECOND GOAL:

See 50 films in theaters outside of festivals <--saw 70 films in theaters outside of festivals!

This might not sound like a lot, but for me, it kind of is.

THIRD GOAL:

Visit the NYC movie houses I haven't been to yet.  I am embarrassed to list how many legendary locales I've not yet visited within my seven years in the big apple.

  • Maysles Cinema
  • reRun Gastropub <-- did this for Extraterrestrial, just in time.
  • Museum of Modern Art <-- did this on 3/24 for New Directors New Films
  • Museum of the Moving Image <-- did this on 6/16

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I love you campaign, I held a campaign not too long ago and was struggling to get funds

    until my friend showed me this amazing non-profit tool I tried it and boy what a site! My campaign

    received 250% in funds I promised myself to share this with those who’re struggling like I was! I think

    you can get alot more people to donate I would be able to help you with that all you need to do is go

    to the link below. Here’s the tool I used.

    COPY & PASTE TO BROWSER -


    http://goo.gl/JO7pSJ

    ReplyDelete