I'll be doing more than my fair share of keeping Austin Weird starting tomorrow night.
What am I looking forward to most about SXSW?
- DRAFT. HOUSE. Happy place X 1000, so seriously the best movie theater chain in the world
- Not working. I love my job (usually) but it's really been quite the month there, since returning from Sundance. Vacation. Now. Please.
- People-watching. I'd say pointing and laughing too but I'm a decent human being ,so.
- Seeing my friend Audrey. OH WAIT NO SHE'S NOT COMING GODDAMMMNIT
- Oh yeah - movies. I hope to see between 30-35 movies, and my plan is to focus on narratives since I'll be drowning in documentaries next month at Full Frame.
- Also the Alamo Drafthouse.
The cool cats at Film School Rejects list their 16 must-see films
Indiewire's comprehensive list with links to their coverage + official sites
Several TwitchFilm writers list their top picks
Movies.com Top 25 SXSW
Lastly my friend linked me to this post about what to pack for SXSW and it made me laugh a little. Soooo glad I'm not a girly girl.