But I will happily tell you what I think.
Here are the top ten thoughts that went through my head as I was reading this list.
1. Oooh look! The film my handsome boyfriend directed is #36 on the list because
2. Leviathan? Really? C'mon. (Disliked. Super-naptimes)
3. On account of my laziness I have only seen 41 of the 85 docs listed which means I need to march straight to Netflix and get to watching.
4. A whole lot of people really need to watch Far Out Isn't Far Enough: The Tomi Ungerer Story. #85 on that list? Two mentions? Major miss, everyone else!
5. GAHHHHH I need to see The Square already.
6. Blahfish. (Even still, eff you, SeaWorld)
7. There were not 9 films of any genre better than 20 Feet from Stardom this year. There were maybe two. And one of ranked #1 on this film.
8. Just as soon as I figure out how to freeze time, I need, need, need to watch 56 Up. And the other films in that series that preceded it.
9. Blood Brother. No. Why. No, no, no. Guys. No.
10. Museum Hours is a documentary? What am I missing? Am I actually crazy and everyone else is totally sane? What is going on?
Eventually I will get around to posting my top ten docs of the year. I promise. One day.